Submit your posters!
The project poster contest is a new feature of the 2011 OLPC SF Community Summit! The posters are a simple size of 13" X 19", and completing the poster would be an excellent way to share your project and where help is needed. Your poster can win a nice prize and certificates will also be awarded.
Simply submit your project poster electronically before the summit and we will have them professionally printed and mounted on foam board. You are welcome to keep your mounted poster after the event.
Submitted posters will displayed in the hallway during the summit and when people are networking outside the conference rooms and during breaks, they can read about your project, your challenges, successes, and where you could use help. Your poster can cover your whole project or one specific area like content, training, infrastructure (power, connectivity, etc), and school server.
Winners will be announced during the Sunday luncheon period.
- Posters will be 13” x 19” inches in size.
- Only 1 entry per project.
- All artwork and lettering must be original. Copyrighted material may not be used without permission. We request that you make your work available under a shareable license such as Creative Commons or GNU Free Documentation License.
- Entries must be submitted electronically in by 9:00 AM Wednesday morning Pacific Time, October 19th, 2011. Submit entries to: email@example.com
- All posters will be also posted to the OLPC San Francisco website, so you have nothing to lose! Submit now!!!
We recommend you use PowerPoint, OpenOffice, or even better an open source tool like inkscape. (http://inkscape.org/download/)
Helpful sites on making a poster:
Sample templates attached.